AFDOSS 2018 Annual Education Conference
Sept. 9 – Sept. 12, 2018
The AFDOSS 2018 Annual Education Conference is happening Sun., Sept. 9 through Wed., Sept. 12, 2018 at The Park Vista – A Hilton Doubletree Hotel in Gatlinburg, Tenn. Registration is open, and sponsorships are available! This event is open to any and all food safety professionals and policy makers in local/state/federal government, industry and academic sectors.
Register to attend the 2018 AEC by clicking below. Travel and Grant opportunities will also be updated here
Travel Scholarship Information
Our 2018 Conference Travel Grant application survey is now available online.
Regular Members can complete the survey to apply for funding to attend the 2018 Annual Conference in Gatlinburg, TN.
Please keep in mind the following provisions:
- Grant funding for travel expenses is only available to state and local, food and drug regulatory personnel only.
- The last day to submit this application for grant consideration is June 30, 2018.
- Travel and Per Diem are allowed. GSA per diem rates apply. First and last day of travel are at 75% reimbursement.
- The room rate is $93.00, plus 12.75% state and local taxes, per night.
- The conference registration fee is not an allowable cost under the grant.
To apply for the travel funding, click this link and complete the survey in its entirety:
This survey will close on Sunday, July 1, 2017.
EXHIBITOR & SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
Become an event exhibitor or sponsor or today! We have several options available, or talk to us about custom opportunities. Learn more by viewing our packet here:
HOTEL & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
The 2018 AFDOSS AEC is back in Gatlinburg, Tenn., at The Park Vista – A Hilton Doubletree Hotel.
Room rate is $93/night + 3% Room tax and 9.75% Tennessee sales tax = $104.86.
To make your room reservation, please call 1-865-436-9211, or reserve online using the link above and enter the group code AFD (not case sensitive). The hotel room block discount deadline is Aug. 20, so be sure to book your room before this date.
The majority of AEC attendees drive to Gatlinburg, and the winding route up through the Great Smoky Mountains is worth your time! For those traveling by air, the Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge Airport is located 15 miles from hotel (a 30 minute drive), or the McGhee Tyson Airport is located 50 miles from the hotel (1.5 hours drive time). Driving directions and additional travel tips to get to The Park Vista are available online here.
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
- Live Auction
- AFDOSS Board Nominations – Jr. Board Nominations are due May 11th, click here.
- Hotel Shipping & Receiving Information (for exhibitor set-up, auction items, etc.) – coming soon!
Please contact the AFDOSS Board via our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, for any general event questions or suggestions. If you have specific registration or AEC payment questions, please contact AFDOSS Treasurer Craig Nielsen.